The Grinnell Civil Service Commission is currently accepting applications for Police Officer. Applications are only available through https://www.policeapp.com/GrinnellIA. Deadline for applications is 8:00 AM Central Standard time December 20, 2019.
The residential population of Grinnell is 9218 people including approximately 1,200 students who attend Grinnell College. The City of Grinnell is located in Central Iowa adjacent to U.S. Interstate 80 approximately 45 miles East of Des Moines, Iowa. For additional information regarding information about Grinnell visit the Grinnell Chamber Area website.
OfficersThe Grinnell Police Department employs 14 sworn officers and includes the following career specialty areas:
- Bike Patrol
- Career Education and advancement
- Crime Prevention
Other facts of employment with the Grinnell Police Department:
- Bargaining unit represented by labor union
- Lateral entry program for certified officers (please inquire)
- Professional Career Development through career counseling
- Starting Full time salary approximately $45,136 / year